His Emblem on Smythson
$2,180.00 incl. GST
– Hand-painted “navy” blue Smythson notebook, with original cover design, in the characteristic von Donia style of saturated colour surrounded by golden outlines.
– The personalised emblem is individually designed to reflect the owner’s unique set of interests, values and/or personal accomplishments.
– A visualisation will be emailed to you for approval or revision (one revision as standard or $100 per subsequent revision) prior to us commencing the painting.
– An engraved brass plaque (with a mirror-image of the emblem outlines) is included as standard. The plaque is created to assist with the commission but makes an attractive keepsake, paperweight or ornament in its own right.
– Commissioned works are by painters with academic fine arts training who specialise in the application of pigmented media using traditional Anglo-European techniques.
– Each painted region requires between three and five layers of paint application to give the necessary vibrancy.
– The resulting richness of colour is difficult, if not impossible, to indicate in either a visualisation or photograph.
– The finished product often displays brush-strokes, gaps, gradients, subtle variations of colour, tone and coverage according to the commissioned artist’s judgement, talent and whim.
– These surface variations are again lacking in the product visualisation; an indication is given in photographs of our past commissions but each commission is different.
– The artwork is applied to a lambskin skiver leather cover with highly textured cross-grain pattern (similar to Prada Saffiano leather).
– Inside are 128 leaves of gilt-edged, pale blue paper, printed with feint-ruled lines.
– The notebook measures 9cm wide by 14cm long.
– Ribbon bookmark sewn into the binding.
– Gift-wrapped in the Smythson packaging.
– Full payment is by bank deposit after order placement but prior to commission commencement.
– Most artwork is ready to ship within 14 days of visualisation approval (although subject to paintwork drying times).
– No refunds or exchanges given the individualised nature of this product (full terms described here).